- Beechwood Building and Design, general contractor
- David Klein Construction, general contractor
- DC Design, LLC, landscape architect
- Fireside Home Construction, general contractor
- Kimberly Weder Designs, interior design services, (734) 662-9440
- Lauren King Interior Design
- MBK Constructors, general contractor
- SDI Structures, structural engineering services
This is a list of some of the contractors, designers, and other businesses Studio Z works with:
Fine Homebuilding Magazine offers brief articles by architects on specific residential design challenges.
The American Institute of Architects offers a database of AIA member architects and other tools to help you select, contract with, and work with a member architect.
There are so many wonderful books available about designing homes, including books devoted to specific styles (bungalows, ranches, capes, etc.) and books about the process of working with architects. Some of the best include Sarah Susanka’s Not So Big House series of books.
Sarah Susanka also maintains a web site at at www.notsobighouse.com. At this site, you can order any of her books and get tips about finding an architect. Ms. Susanka's design philosophy is based on “tailoring our houses to fit the way we really live, and to the scale and proportions of our human form." Ms. Susanka also has a lengthy listing of resources for sustainable design.